These guidelines must be used in conjunction with C&CCC Standard 3.2 - Automated Processing of Vouchers (Credits), which contains mandatory details for design, layout and printing.
The guideline can be downloaded below.
It is essential to check that any BGC printed, part-printed or issued by your organisation has been produced in accordance with C&CCC Standard 3.2 - Automated Processing of Vouchers (Credits). This includes BGC base stock, on to which the full code line is subsequently added.
C&CCC Standard 3.2 - Automated Processing of Vouchers (Credits) is available to purchase here.
These Best Practice Guidelines have been produced to assist:
- Businesses who print their own bank giro credits (BGCs).
- Printers who produce BGCs for their customers
- Certified Bank Giro Credit Printers.
- Members of the Cheque Printer Accreditation Scheme (CPAS).
BGC 'printing' is defined as one of the following:
- printing BGC base stock and full code line
- printing BGC base stock only
- printing full code line onto BGC base stock supplied by a Certified BGc Printer or a members of CPAS.