For the purposes of this privacy statement "we", "our" and "us" means Cheque and Credit Clearing Company Limited (registered number 01962903 and VAT number 397259693) and their successors and assignees. "You" and "your" means any natural or legal person who uses the Site and each entity on whose behalf they act.
This statement will be updated and amended from time to time so please check it on a regular basis.
1. Personal Information
You may give us Personal information by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our Site.
If you provide us with any Personal Information, which is defined as Sensitive Data under the Act, which includes information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health condition or sexual orientation, or about the commission of, or proceedings for, any criminal offence committed or alleged to have been committed by that person, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings., then we will not disclose this to any third party for any reason without your consent.
You must at all times ensure that the Personal Information you provide is accurate and complete and all registration details (where applicable) shall contain your real name, address and other requested details. You will notify us of any changes to these as soon as you are able so that we can update our records.
You are solely responsible for your Personal Information and we may take any action with respect to your Personal Information we deem necessary or appropriate if we believe it may cause us to suffer any loss, liability or commercial damage.
Any information provided by you in connection with any transaction regarding your credit or debit card numbers, expiry date and billing or delivery address will be used by us, or by others on our behalf, to process the transaction. These details will be stored either in a paper file or on a secure server and encrypted and may be used by us to facilitate and personalise future transactions with you.
Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent and then only to the limits set out in the Website Terms and Conditions.
2. Why we collect Personal Information
You are not obliged to give us any Personal Information in order to use the majority of our Site. We may, however, require certain Personal Information in order to offer you some services through our Site such as where you want to purchase products from us or request information or advice.
The Personal Information is valuable in helping us to improve the design and range of the products and services provided by us. . With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We may receive information about you or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
3. What do we do with your Personal Information?
You acknowledge and understand that we may use your Personal Information:
- To identify you;
- To administer, maintain and host the Site and related business;
- To administer any services we provide to you;
- To compile statistical analysis of the pages of the Site which you visit;
- To help us develop our business, products, services and the Site;
- To process, take payment for and deliver any orders you make with us for services;
- For internal administration and/or analysis;
- To consider any applications or requests for information or advice made by you;
- If applicable, to consider your application for employment; and
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
4. IP Tracking
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when connecting to the internet. This information does not identify you personally.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, we also aggregate statistics, traffic patterns and related Site information. Such information is primarily used to provide you with an enhanced online experience. This information is generally not capable of personally identifying you. However where it does, you have the right to require us to stop analysing it by contacting us at:email@example.com
5. Third Parties
Other than to those third parties listed below, we will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party unless either we have your permission to do so, or we are, or consider ourselves to be, under a legal or regulatory obligation to do so. Your Personal Information may be disclosed to the following recipients, though we will use our reasonable endeavours to control the use of your Personal Information:
- Our third party service providers for the purposes of carrying out their services (including those used by us to complete your orders for products and/or services).
- Any person to whom we propose to transfer any of our rights and obligations under any agreement we have with you.
- Our professional advisers and external auditors.
- Any of our agents.
7. Data Export
For the purposes outlined in this Policy, we may send your Personal Information internationally, including to countries outside the EEA (including those where our member banks are located). Please be aware that such countries may not have adequate laws to protect your Personal Information.
8. General Information
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small piece of data or message that is sent from a web server to your browser and is stored on your hard drive. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service.
We may collect information about your computer including your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of, but not limited to system administration, aggregating information and statistical and auditing purposes.
You may refuse to accept cookies or be alerted as to when a cookie is being sent by activating the relevant setting on your browser. If you choose not to accept cookies this Website may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
Browser Session Cookie
This cookie is set by the website when a user visits the site and is an essential cookie for the operation of the website
This cookie does not display any identifiable or tracking information and is deleted when the user closes their browser
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors utilise the Twitter feature on the website. No personal identifiable information is captured unless you are prompted and manually provide this (such as email) or are already logged onto your twitter account.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.